Perdeberg Cellar between Durbanville and Paarl will be a sea of purple and white on 14 and 15 April, when the 2018 Pinotage and Biltong Festival takes place there. 18 Pinotage producers will be on hand to show off their wines, paired with some wonderful biltong flavours, courtesy of Afrifoods Biltong and Butcher.
Here are ten reasons why you HAVE to be there!
- Use your pairing card to taste 18 Pinotage’s, each paired with a specially selected biltong flavour.
- Fall in love with the diversity of this home-grown varietal and try White Pinotage, Rosé’s, blends, red Pinotage, sparkling Pinotage, Coffee and Chocolate Pinotage, and dessert wine made of Pinotage.
- After the pairing exercise, taste and buy around 30 further Pinotage’s and just relax on the lawns with friends and family.
- Live it up in the upstairs Bubbly and Oyster bar at Perdeberg - if you’ve had enough Pinotage and Biltong obviously.
- Never heard of Bresaola? Here is your chance to try Afrifoods Biltong and Butcher’s hand-crafted smoked & air-dried meat, paired with the perfect Pinotage.
- Liven up your décor with a wine-themed work of art from The Cape Art Company’s exhibition upstairs.
- Listen to popular singer Guy Feldman and his band and try a few dance moves in front of the stage.
- Enjoy Perdeberg’s Craft beers paired with typical Dutch “bitterballen”.
- Plan your purple and white outfits with friends beforehand and show off at the fest!
- Share the experiences of the day on social media with #pinobiltongfest and make all your friends jealous.
Tickets are limited and are available on-line at R200 pp from www.plankton.mobi or www.computicket.com or R230 pp at the Box Office on the day.
Click here to buy tickets: http://bit.ly/2HNRCi3 Under 18’s enter free.
A map to Perdeberg, Accommodation options in the area and FAQ’s are available on www.cvomarketing.co.za. For more info contact email@example.com . Follow us on facebook at Pinotage & Biltong Festival and share your plans!
Participating wineries are: Badsberg Winery, Beyerskloof, Boland Cellar, Bonnievale Wines, Delheim Wines, Flagstone Winery , Grande Provence Heritage Wine Estate , Idiom Collection, Knorhoek Wines , Lanzerac Wines, Mellasat Vineyards, Overhex Wines International, Perdeberg Cellar , Rhebokskloof Wine Estate, Simonsvlei Winery, Stellenbosch Hills Wines, Van Loveren Vineyards, Wellington Wines.