Terms and Condition of Sale
Mellasat Vineyards require a deposit of 50% to confirm the order of the wine. We may impose a cancellation fee in the event of cancellation of the order before delivery. The fee will depend on the nature of the order, the length of notice of cancellation before delivery, the reasonable potential to find alternative clients for the order and the reason for cancellation. No refunds on deposits in the event of cancellation for already ordered/made Special–Order Goods.
Mellasat Vineyards warrants its customer that the wine which has been supplied by the Company and delivered to the Customer shall be free from defects and subject to the following:
- The warranty is effective for a period of six months or “the best before date” whichever occurs first. The date is determined from date of delivery and the Customer is entitled to either request a refund, replacement or repair of goods if the wine is defective within such period;
- Mellasat Vineyards shall not be liable or responsible in any way for any damages of whatsoever nature, including consequential and penal damages, caused by or due to any defects of the wine, unless such damages can be attributed to any circumstances reasonably within the control of Mellasat Vineyards
The warranty shall immediately be rendered null and void in the event of any of the following:
- Any alterations or modifications or addition made to the wine supplied, without the prior consent of Mellasat Vineyards.
- Failure to use wine in accordance with the instructions and specifications including selling/consuming the products after “the best before date”.
- A substantial amount of the wine supplied has already been consumed.
- Any single bottle/single bottles of wine being detective will not cause the remainder of the wine in the order to be eligible for return.
- General misuse and abuse of wine.
- Any damage caused by fire, flood, civil disturbance or act of God.
- The client not having the original Tax Invoice available as supplied by Mellasat Vineyards.
The Customer should choose carefully. We do not normally give refunds if the Customer simply changes his mind or makes the wrong decision. The Customer can choose between a refund, exchange or repair, where wine is determined as defective within the warranty period or within seven business days if the wine is wrongly described, different from the sample shown to you or does not perform as specified. If the product is amended we will not accept a return of the product, unless defective. We may charge a handling fee if the return is accepted by management.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary Mellasat Vineyard’s obligation to deliver wine shall in all cases be subject to the following:-
(a) If Mellasat Vineyards arranges a delivery on behalf of the client, it will be at the client’s cost depending on the area of delivery and the risk of handling the wine will be placed on the client as soon as the goods are placed on the delivery vehicle. The client must arrange their own insurance in this regard.
(b) Whilst delivery times are given in good faith and Mellasat Vineyards will use every endeavour to comply therewith, no responsibility can be accepted for any loss or damage incurred by the Customer on account of any delay in delivery arising out of any circumstances beyond Mellasat Vineyard’s control, which circumstances shall include, but in no way be limited to:
- any delays in the supply of wine related products by Mellasat Vineyard’s suppliers which cannot be directly or indirectly attributed to them;
- the client changing their order within days from delivery;
- any delays in freight services beyond Mellasat Vineyards’ reasonable control;
- if the balance of the purchase price payable on delivery is not payable on date of anticipated delivery.
Mellasat Vineyards will communicate any unavoidable delay in the delivery.
Availability of wines in stock
Whilst we will endeavour to have all wines and vintages as advertised on our website/pricelist in stock, no responsibility can be accepted on account of any wine and vintage advertised on the website/pricelist not being in stock arising out of any circumstances beyond Mellasat Vineyards control, which circumstances shall include, but in no way be limited to, any delays in the supply of goods by Mellasat Vineyard’s suppliers which cannot be directly or indirectly attributed to them. Please contact our offices before placing any orders.